Capable of preparing espresso, coffee, cappuccino, latte drinks, and more, this super-automatic machine features a unique beans-to-brew system that grinds coffee beans right before brewing for exceptionally aromatic espresso. The appliance comes equipped with two stainless-steel boilers that provide excellent heat distribution, as well as an instant reheat function, which keeps the machine at an ideal temperature, no matter how long the interval between cups. In addition, its quiet burr grinder automatically grinds beans and can be set to a specific grinding level, but the unit can also be used with ground coffee if preferred.
The unit’s front panel offers easily accessible controls for the on/off switch and cappuccino system, as well as for adjusting the quantity of water and coffee to suit individual tastes, from long or short to weak or strong. Its patented cappuccino system rotates 180 degrees to allow for any size milk container, plus the coffee spigot height can be adjusted to accommodate all different cup sizes–from a classic espresso cup to a tall mug. Even more, the unit’s exclusive cup tray keeps cups warm before use, and its three-hour automatic shutoff provides added safety. Other highlights include a 60-ounce removable water tank, a handy water-level indicator, a 7-ounce bean container, an electronic steam and coffee thermostat, rinse and decalcification auto programs, and a removable drip tray for easy cleanup. Made in Italy, the 1,150-watt espresso/coffee machine measures 17 by 13 by 18 inches and carries a one-year limited warranty.
- Compact and High Performance: Because DeLonghi’s new patented boiler is so compact, the excellent heat distribution guarantees a perfect espresso at the ideal temperature every time.
- Timeless Reliability: Thanks to the stainless-steel removable double boiler, the inside can be cleaned easily. Regular cleaning of the machine is essential for maintaining the best flavor possible and for minimizing the need for service.
- A Perfect Aroma, Guaranteed: The beans-to-brew system guarantees an espresso with a delicious aroma as the coffee is freshly ground. No traces of stale grounds are left in the machine.
- Instant Reheat: This special function heats the core of Magnifica, ensuring the machine is always at the ideal temperature for espresso, no matter how long the interval between cups.
- Removable Water Tank and Bean Container: Magnifica knows that the counter space in your kitchen is always at a premium. Magnifica is the only super-automatic machine that allows you to fill the water tank and empty the coffee grounds without moving the machine. All of the controls are at the front of the machine, from the on/off switch to the cappuccino system.
- Integrated Burr Grinder: A space-saver container for beans is fully integrated into the Magnifica. You can set the grinding level to customize your espresso. Magnifica can also be used with ground coffee. DeLonghi recommends the use of illycaffe for the best tasting espresso. Rich, smooth, balanced, and never bitter, illy provides the same consistent distinctive taste cup after cup.
- Coffee Spigots: Magnifica’s coffee spigot height can be adjusted to allow for all different cup sizes–from a classic espresso cup to a tall mug.
- Cappuccino System: The patented cappuccino system rotates 180 degrees to allow for any size milk container.
- Cup Tray: Magnifica’s exclusive cup tray, similar to those found in cafés, keeps cups warm before use.
- Front Panel: Magnifica allows you to customize your coffee by adjusting the quantity of water and coffee to suit your taste: long or short, weak or strong.
I’m on my second Delonghi machine and after having this model for 3 years I like it as much as I did when it was new. I like it so much that I had my first machine repaired so it’s ready to go in the event this one needs repairs (some you can confidently do yourself.) And because I’ve become so familiar with this machine I wanted to share my experiences that will help extend the life of your machine.—Number one: use bottled water. The most destructive element to the machine is the buildup of lime that isn’t easily removed, even with commercial descalers. Using a water without added minerals like spring or distilled prevents the valves from becoming crusted with lime. The water travels through a fascinating maze of tubes and devices before it reaches your cup and these must be clean.—Use a commercial descaler when the light goes on. Expelled solution that is clear will validate the quality of the water you’ve been using.—Rinse the brew unit (aka the infuser) periodically, but more importantly make sure the piston moves easily through the unit. The device isn’t maintenance free and occasionally requires lubrication. Symptoms of a poorly functioning brew unit are creaking or groaning and/or finding spilled coffee grounds inside the unit. Rectify this immediately as it causes stress on the transmission that drives it through its cycle. The piston is in two parts, an outer shell and inner plunger. To do the job properly remove the u-clip from the bottom of the infuser which will cause the inside of the piston to fall out the bottom; then push the outer shell through the top. On the outside of the piston are two high-pressure orange seals. These maintain pressure and prevent the coffee from leaking outside the unit while brewing. If you find coffee is dripping in the tray these need to be replaced. Use a food-safe grease like Petrogel and saturate the rubber seals. Reassemble the unit at which point the piston should slide smoothly through the unit.—If you regularly steam milk the rubber o-ring in the steam wand and it’s outer shell need to be periodically replaced.—If the steam wand begins leaking during the brew cycle it needs to be replaced. Order a new tap from an online appliance parts source. The major one has a video that demonstrates how to do this repair.—Using high quality beans with minimal oil causes them to easily slide through the grinder. The belt driving the grinder is replaceable if required.—Use the proper dial setting on the grinder to adjust the body of the espresso. It usually takes a couple cycles to achieve the benefit of the adjustment. If the coffee won’t expel the grind is too fine; if too watery it’s too corse.I was shocked at the engineering that goes into this machine. I recently changed the tap and took some photos that show why it’s so heavy and the lengthy path which the water travels.
After I did a little research, and relying on customer ratings (thank you people who write in!), I ordered this. I am so happy with this purchase. I just don’t like regular coffee that much unless it is a really good bean roasted exactly how I like it. I ordered Lavazza Super Crema Espresso beans to use in this machine. I love lattes. The result–after this DeLonghi Magnifica automatically makes my espresso and I froth a 3rd of a 12 ounce cup of milk– is a very smooth yet nicely bold cup! You can choose how much water to go into your cup–the machine automatically adds more or less beans to the hopper. I’m glad I didn’t go for the machine with a hand tamper for the coffee. This is so easy. It does take about 5 minutes for me to make my coffee in the morning. Previously, I would just make my coffee the night before in my drip machine and simply press the button in the morning (I am not a morning person and want things done QUICKLY in the morning–I also take breakfast on the go). So, I thought that I might not like the extra effort it takes to actually froth the milk then rinse the milk spouts. I love the process for some reason. If you are thinking, like myself, that you are not an expert at all, this is the machine for you. Also, I only drink about 1 to 2 good cups of coffee a day, and I want that cup to be great. This serves that purpose perfectly. I even ordered some pre-ground decaffeinated Lavazza to drink in the evening. I ordered the pre-ground because the beans in the hopper just sit there–I fill it up with my regular (not decaf) coffee beans. So, in order to have decaf, I would maybe have to empty that out. However, there is an option on this machine for the ground coffee, and that is what I do when I want decaf in the evening. This is one of the best purchases I have ever made! Some people will spend $500.00 on a paddle board or kayak and not use it every day. I figure, since I look forward to this every day, it is well worth it!!! I am not paid for this review. This is, I think, the first review I have ever written.
Amazon Customer –
This is my second DeLonghi 3300 machine. The first machine was perfection and lasted 7 years with no problems. When it finally died, we decided to replace it with the exact same model because of our great experience. Well, like several other reviewers who purchased this machine in 2017, this machine has been a nightmare. The beans get stuck in the grinder EVERY SINGLE DAY. The exact same beans that we have used for 8 years. The result is a cup of watery espresso and a machine that must be unplugged and the beans agitated through the hopper. Not exactly the way you want to start your day. I am ready to throw this machine in the garbage and try a different brand. What happened DeLonghi? 2017 was not a good year. I want my old machine back.
Amazon Customer –